Thursday, October 13, 2011

Make me happy!

A few weeks ago my daughter who is four came to asking for a piece of candy I told her no.  She asked one more time and  I still said no.  She then said "But momma your supposed to make me happy!"  I told her I do not have to give it to you and I do not have to make you happy.
As she left the laundry room I smiles as I thought, "Is not that how we treat God all to often?"
How often do we come to God with our prayer and request whether it is for something small, or big, expecting Him to grant our wish.  When he says no, or we do not get the answer we want we ask again.  We want our way thinking it will make us happy.  Only God knows best and what will truely make us happy.  Sometime we have to go through hard times and have tears, but God does say in Psalms 30:5b weeping may endure for a night , but joy comes in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment